Lecturer in American Sign Language
A native ASL signer, originally from Rome, NY. Married to a Deaf husband and a hearing son. She has several Deaf family members. On a personal level, Christy enjoys reading, traveling, scrapbooking, and a pet Dog at home with her family.
- Currently Adjunct Professor of the Penn Language Center at UPenn
- American Sign Language Teacher Association, Qualified Certification
A graduate of Gallaudet University, the only liberal arts university for the Deaf, with a Bachelors Degree in American Sign Language Studies, and a Masters of Science Degree in Rehabilitation Counseling for the Deaf from the University of Tennessee, Knoxville.
- Contributor to Signs and Voices: Deaf Culture, Identity, Language, and Arts on Civil Rights for Deaf and Hard of Hearing employees. Gallaudet University Press. 2008.
- LING 071-680 Elementary American Sign Language I
- LING 072-681 Elementary American Sign Language II
- LING 073-680 Advanced American Sign Language III
- LING 074-680 Advanced American Sign Language IV
- Member of National ASL Teacher Association
- Member, Chapter PA ASL Teacher Association
- Member, Deaf Women United, Inc.
- Member, American Deaf Association of Rehabilitation Counseling
- Member, National Association of the Deaf
- Member, Gallaudet University Alumni Association
- Member, Delta Alpha Sigma Sorority Alumni Chapter